Death is always a difficult subject to deal with. If someone you know has suffered a loss, then the right thing to do is to offer your condolences. Even if you offer them in person, it is also thought to write them down on a sympathy card as well. Today we are sharing Sympathy Quotes and Messages. We also have a great collection of Mother Daughter & Father Daughter Quotes & Happy Father’s Day Quotes.
Sympathy Quotes and Messages
1. When you have lost someone that you love, you gain an angel that you know.
2. May you find some peace and comfort during this incredibly difficult time.
3. My heart goes out to you and your family as you go through this terrible loss of such a wonderful person.
4. When you find yourself weeping for what you have lost, remember that you are weeping for someone who blessed you with joy. How lucky we are to have all known such a wonderful person.
5. We never truly lose the people that we love, even to death.
6. When you lose someone that you hold dear in your heart, you gain an angel that you know.
7. The loved are unable to die, for love is immortality.
8. To live in the hearts that are left behind is not to die.
9. As we all mourn the loss of your loved one with you, others are rejoicing and meeting him beyond the veil.
10. Graves are the footprints of angels.
11. Some people leave such an impression on our hearts and we are never the same for it. In this way we are lucky, even as we mourn such a sad loss.
12. When you love someone enough, there is no such thing as goodbye.
13. Flowers can grow out of the darkest moments.
14. Grief is the price that we pay for love.
15. A human life is a story told by God.
16. It is not the length of the life, but the depth of the life.
17. Tears our God’s gift to us, for they heal us as they flow.
18. When we grieve, angels are always near us to whisper that our loved ones are safely in the hands of God.
19. When someone that you love becomes a memory, that memory will then become a treasure.
20. May the memories of your loved one give you strength in the days that lie ahead.
21. Keeping you close in my heart as you mourn the loss of your loved one.
22. Keeping you and your family in our minds and hearts as you go through this difficult time.
23. We are keeping the memory of your loved one in our hearts with love and remembrance.
24. We are wishing you strength for today and hope for tomorrow.
25. Today and in the days that follow, know that you are not alone as you mourn your loss.
26. Words will not wipe away your tears and hugs may not ease the pain, but hold onto your memories because forever they will remain.
27. While we are all mourning the loss of our loved one, others are rejoicing as they wait to meet them on the other side.
28. Flowers can grow out of dark moments. Our thoughts are with you during this time of loss.
29. Thinking of you and praying that you receive God’s comfort.
30. For some moments in life, there are no words that can ease the loss and pain that you are going through.
31. Praying that the love of God enfolds you during this time of loss.
32. Do not lose hope. When the sun goes down, the stars come out.
33. Your love one can never be replaced and they will always be remembered by us all.
34. May the soul of your loved one rest in peace.
35. The people that we love never truly go away. They walk at our sides each and every day.
36. What is lovely never dies. It passes into another loveliness like sea foam or stardust.
37. Those who are loved will never die, because to be loved is to be immortal.
38. There are never any true goodbyes for the recently departed will always be in our hearts.
39. Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.
40. God is our refuge and strength.
41. May you take comfort in the knowledge that there is one more angel in heaven.
42. You may have lost a loved one, but heaven gained another angel.
43. It is hard to forget someone who gave us so much to remember.
44. Let the passing of your loved one inspire us and give us courage with each and every day.
45. A family is a circle of love that is not broken by loss. It is made stronger because of the memories.
46. Death leaves a heartache that nobody can heal and love leaves a memory that no one can steal.
47. The loss of a loved one is as great as the love that is left behind.
48. Everyone that we have loved deeply, becomes a party of us forever.
49. Grief may change shape, but it never ends.
50. Our trials, our sorrows, and our losses are what shape us.
51. Life is never easy, nor is it meant to be. It is simply a matter of being joyous in the face of sorrow.
52. Sympathy is two hearts that are tugging at one load.
53. The loss of a loved one is like the loss of a limb.
54. Grief cannot be shared. Everyone carries it around alone in themselves in their own way.
55. God did not promise us days without pain and a life without sorrow. But he did promise us a light for the way and strength to carry us through the day.
56. I wish that I could took all of this pain and sorrow from you, but all I can do is offer my shoulder for you to cry on, my ears to listen, and my hand for you to hold.
57. May the love of friends and family soften your sorrow and sadness.
58. May the cherished memories of your loved one bring you moments of peace.
59. May an everlasting peace surround your heart as it grieves the loss of your loved one.
60. Thinking of you and sending love your way during this sad time.
61. Praying that God will touch you with his healing hand as you endure the pain of this loss.
62. Praising what is lost makes the remembrance dear.
63. Because someone that we love is now in heaven, there is a little piece of heaven here with us.
64. Let us remember your loved one with smiles and laughter, for that is how they would want to be remembered.
65. Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.
66. I am sorry for your loss. I wish I could make everything better.
67. Please let me know if there is anything that I can do to help you through this time of loss.
68. To say that I am sorry for your loss is not enough. But there are no adequate words for me to express my condolences for you during this difficult time. Just know that I am with you and thinking of you as you go through this great loss.
69. I wish that I could do much more for you than offer my sympathy. Please let me know how I can help.
70. I hope that the sun shines brightly enough on you as you go through this time of darkness and loss.
71. Your loved one will always be remembered in our hearts and in our minds as we share fond memories and stories that will bring joy.
72. May your heart heal over time with the help of the memories of your loved one.
73. May the passing of time bring some peace to your heart as you deal with this profound loss.
74. While we cannot begin to know what you are going through right now, we want to be there for you in your time of need as you deal with the loss of your loved one.
LOSS AFTER AN ILLNESS
75. The loss of your loved one cannot be easy. But at least they are no longer in pain.
76. I am sorry for the loss of your wife. You can take comfort in knowing that you loved her and did everything that you could do to ease her pain and suffering.
77. My condolences as you grieve the loss of your loved one, who fought their illness so bravely. May he now rest in peace and smile down on us from heaven.
78. After a long battle with his health, your loved one is now gone. It is bittersweet, knowing that he is no longer with us, and at the same time knowing that he is no longer suffering. He will be missed dearly by all who knew him and we pray that you find the strength to heal from this loss.
LOSS OF A MOTHER
79. Losing a parent is almost like losing yourself. Who are we without our parents? But your parent will live on in you and we know that you already make them proud.
80. A mother loves her child long before birth and her love will still remain in you long after she is gone.
81. Mothers hold their children’s hands for a short while, but they hold their hearts forever.
82. May the soul of your mother rest in peace.
83. The loss of a mother is something that can never be replaced, but the love of a mother is something that can never be lost.
84. Your mother was a true angel on Earth and now she is a real angel in heaven.
85. Heaven gained an angel with your mother, while we lost one.
86. A mother is our first teacher and friend. I am so sorry for your loss.
LOSS OF A FATHER
87. Your father is a man that I always looked up to. I am sorry for your loss.
88. Your father was the perfect example of what it meant to be a good dad. The proof that he did something good comes down to you.
89. Your father cradled you in his arms and carried you in his heart. Now he is with the Lord and away from harm.
90. Your father was always looking after you and trying to keep you safe, even when you got older. And I know that he will still be looking down and protecting you from heaven.
91. A father is our first protector and hero. I can only imagine how hard this loss must be for you. You have my deepest sympathies.
LOSS OF A CHILD
92. As brief as the life of your child was, it was still a precious one full of joy and love. Their memory will live in our hearts forever.
93. Words cannot fill the void when we lose a child. Sending prayers of healing your way.
94. The loss of a child is the hardest thing that a parent can deal with. Please know that we are here to help you through this time of grief.
95. The loss of a child is something that is so incomprehensible to all of us. We all mourn the loss of your little one with you.
96. Losing a child is the most heartbreaking thing for a parent to go through. You are not alone in this.
97. It was such a blessing to know your little one. You have my deepest condolences.
98. Life does not make sense when you lose a child. I pray that you will find a way to see the beauty in things again as your little one smiles down on you from heaven. My deepest condolences for your loss.
99. Your child was an exceptional human being who was deeply loved and admired by all who knew him. But we all know that you, his parents, loved him most of all. We grieve with you during this difficult time.
100. The bond that exists between you and your child is one that could not be broken, nor can it be easily forgotten. We are very sorry for your loss.
101. The loss of someone so young is such a shock to all of us. We send you our deepest sympathies as you mourn the loss of your child.
102. No matter how short his time with us was, your child was put on this Earth for a reason, if not to bring us all joy.
LOSS OF A HUSBAND
103. Your husband may no longer be standing there with you in person, but his love will always be by your side. We are sorry for your loss.
104. Love never dies. I am sorry to hear about the loss of your husband.
105. If the bond between two people is strong, even death cannot tear them apart. Our deepest condolences as you mourn your husband.
106. Even though he is no longer with us, no one can take away the wonderful memories of your loving husband.
107. During this very difficult time, I pray that God gives you the strength to get you through the loss of your husband.
108. To leave behind a loving wife and loving family is something that can be very difficult for any of us to understand. While his soul has left, his love will remain with you always.
109. I am sorry to hear about the loss of your husband. I can only imagine the grief and immense pain that you must be going through. My thoughts and prayers are with you during this difficult time in your life.
110. Your husband was larger than life and he will be fondly remembered by us all.
111. May the fond memories of your husband stay with you and your children for many years to come. My deepest condolences.
LOSS OF A WIFE
112. The death of your wife has had a profound impact on all of our lives. May she rest in peace and may you and your family find healing during this difficult time.
113. May you find strength in the days ahead as you deal with the loss of your wife.
114. Your wife was one of a kind, truly like nobody else in this world. We will cherish the memories we have of her. Our deepest sympathies for your loss.
115. No one in this world can ever take the place of your beloved wife. We mourn with you as you grapple with her loss.
116. Knowing your wife was a blessing and we are all sorry to hear about her passing. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
117. To lose the person who has been right by your side all these years cannot be easy. Know that we grieve the passing of your wife and that you have our condolences.
118. To lose a wife is like to lose your right hand. I am here for you if you need to talk.
119. Your wife was a shining light in this world and she will be missed dearly by everyone who was lucky enough to know her.
120. Your wife was a loving mother and spouse, an amazing friend, and so much more to everyone who knew her. We will all miss her very much.
121. The love that your life bestowed on everyone in her life will live in us always, even long after she is gone.
LOSS OF A PET
122. There is no greater companion and no greater friend than a dog. I am sorry for your loss.
123. My condolences for the loss of your loyal, furry friend.
124. Your loved one’s paw prints will forever leave an imprint on our hearts.
125. Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole. I am sorry for your loss.
126. I am sorry for the loss of your beloved friend. At least we know that all dogs go to heaven.
127. Your beloved pet brought joy to all of us and I know that I am not alone when I say I will miss him dearly. You have my deepest sympathies for the loss of such a loving and loyal companion.