Whether someone is having a good day or a bad day, all of us can use a few words of encouragement from a family member, friend, co-worker, or anyone else who is in your life. Words of encouragement are kind, uplifting, and motivating for the people who receive them. We also have a great collection of Funny and Happy Weekday Quotes & Sympathy Quotes and Messages.
Words of Encouragement
1. Every day may not necessarily a good one, but there is always something good to be found in each day.
2. If at first you do not succeed, then dust yourself off and try again.
3. I have never met a strong person who had an easy past.
4. Always remember that you are much braver and stronger than you think.
5. You are worth much more than you realize.
6. You have to love yourself as much as you want to be loved.
7. Life is way too short to sweat the small stuff.
8. Something will grow from everything that you are going through, and that thing is you.
9. Even the mighty oak once started out as a tiny acorn.
10. Wake up every day with the anticipation that something great is going to happen.
11. You were given this life because you are strong enough to live it.
12. God does not give us what we cannot handle.
13. The struggle that you are having today will help you develop the strength that you need for tomorrow.
14. What makes extraordinary people so extraordinary is that they persevere and refuse to give up.
15. Fall down seven times but stand up eight times. That is how you succeed.
16. With God, all things are possible.
17. Beautiful things happen when you distance yourself from the negative things.
18. Never allow a stumble on the road to be the end of your journey.
19. Learn to trust the journey, even when you do not always understand it.
20. If you are going through the toughest of times, keep going. There is a light at the end of the tunnel.
21. You have the power to write your own story. And at any moment, you can say, “this is not how my story ends.”
22. Just because something is not happening for you today, it does not mean that it will never happen.
23. We are most defined by how well we rise after we fall.
24. Everything that you need to help you accomplish your goals is already in you.
25. Sometimes all you can do when you are overwhelmed and stressed out is to sit back, breathe, and have faith that everything will work out for the best.
26. Be gentle with yourself. You are doing the best that you can.
27. Good things rarely happen in just one day. So just take it one day at a time.
28. Sometimes you might find yourself in such a dark place that you think that you have been buried, when in fact you have been planted.
29. It does not matter how slow you go. What matters is that you never give up on your goal.
30. Whenever you are doubting how far you can go, just look back to see how far you have gone.
31. There is something special in you that the world needs.
32. In case you forgot to remind yourself this morning, I just need to tell you how amazing and perfect you are, flaws and all.
33. Sometimes it takes a breakdown in order to have a significant breakthrough.
34. I know you have had a tough journey full of challenges and doubts. Know that I am still right here, cheering you on to the finish line.
35. Even though it may not feel like it, a little progress each day adds up to big results.
36. You are loved, more than you will ever know.
37. You are allowed to scream in frustration and you are allowed to cry with despair. But you are not allowed to give up on yourself.
38. It always seems like such an impossible thing until it is done.
39. You are capable of amazing things. You just do not realize it yet.
40. Believing in yourself is the first step to success.
41. Today is tomorrow’s yesterday.
42. Much later down the road, you will look back and be glad that you never gave up.
43. You have been given this seemingly impossible mountain to show others that it can be moved.
44. Never be afraid or apologetic for what you are doing when you know that it is right.
45. When you are thinking about how much further you have to go, never forget how far you have already come.
46. You can be an unstoppable force if you choose to believe in yourself.
47. Stand tall and fight for the things that you believe in.
48. The greatest people in this world did not get far in life by being like everybody else. Be yourself and you will shine bright.
49. While some days might be a lot harder than others, look for something positive in every day.
50. You are still a work in progress, which means you will get there one step at a time. Do not beat yourself up because these things do not happen overnight.
51. Train yourself to see the beauty and blessing in everything.
52. While life can be a bit confusing and painful at times, it will all make sense one day.
53. When you feel as if you are about to give up on everything, just remember it is just a bad day that you are going through, not a bad life.
54. Soon, things will be brighter because you are a fighter.
55. You can only fail if you stop trying.
56. Do not be afraid of storms. Instead, learn how to steer your ship.
57. A hardship in life often prepares an ordinary person for something extraordinary.
58. Success is the best revenge that you can ever have. Do not worry about those other people. Focus on your success and that will be enough.
59. Do not think, just do.
60. The harder the conflict is, the more glorious the triumph.
61. Why let the day run you when you can choose to run it?
62. Put your best effort into everything that you do. Because what you reap now is what you will harvest later.
63. Act instead of asking. For it is your actions that will ultimately define who you are.
64. You can never go into the past and make a new beginning, but you can always change the way your story will end.
65. You never know when one kind act or a word of encouragement could change another person’s life forever.
66. Make the choice to be a warrior instead of a worrier.
67. The only way for you to do great work is to love what you do for a living.
68. I have noticed that the older I become, the more I realize that it is okay to live a life that is not always understood by others.
69. You have to learn to trust the journey that you are on, even when you do not always understand it.
70. Promise me that you will never change. To me, you are perfect just the way you are.
71. If plan A does not work, remember that there are 25 more letters left in the alphabet.
72. Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow. Instead, it empties it of its strength.
73. We rise by lifting up those who are around us.
74. Words of encouragement after a failure mean much more than words of praise after a success.
75. Instead of counting your days, try making your days count.
76. If you can dream it, then you can achieve it.
77. Try to be a shining light in this world.
78. My whole life turned around when I began to count my blessings.
79. Remember that rejection is a normal part of life. It means that you are actually trying to make things happen instead of sitting down and refusing to even try.
80. Try to have faith in the bigger picture. You might not see it now because the masterpiece that is your journey is not yet finished, but one day you will be able to look back at all your hard work knowing that you accomplished what you set out to do.
81. Believe in yourself and the rest will follow.
82. When you find that you are feeling lost, just remember how strong you are. Remember everything that you have already been through. If you survived those things, then you can get through this.
83. You are a fighter. Not everyone would be able to live through what you have been through.
84. You are strong and wonderful in my eyes.
85. You have the power to write your own story.
86. Instead of telling yourself that you can’t, tell yourself that you can and you will see how many doors open up for you.
87. When you choose to believe in yourself, others will believe in you as well.
88. Your mistakes are proof that you are trying.
89. You will not always feel like singing a song in your heart every day. But sing anyway.
90. Be strong, because you never know who might be looking up to you.
91. The way that your day goes will depend on the way the corners of your mouth turn, so you might as well smile and tackle the day head on.
92. Your value will never go down based on someone’s inability to see the value in you or your work.
93. You have not yet failed until you stop trying.
94. Sometimes what we think our trials turn out to be blessings in disguise.
95. Instead of giving yourself a list of reasons why, begin to give yourself reasons why you can.
96. When one door closes, another one opens. Do not focus so much on the closed door that you fail to notice that a new door has opened itself to you.
97. When you have reached the end of your rope, do not give up yet. Tie a knot and keep hanging on.
98. While the caterpillar might call it the end of the world, the rest of the world calls it a butterfly.
99. A problem is just another word for an opportunity that has thorns on it.
100. Take risks. If you succeed, you will be happy and if you do not, you will at least be wiser from the experience.
101. A bend in the road only means an end in the road if you decide to not make the turn.
102. Never allow anyone to make you forget that you deserve happiness in this world.
103. Keep pushing for change. Because if you do not care, why should anyone else?
104. Even when you have nothing left to hold onto, you can still have hope. You can still have faith in yourself and the strength to turn things around.
105. The great thing about life is that tomorrow is always a new day. It is never too late to begin a new chapter in your life, one that you are happy and proud about.
106. At the end of the day, you are the one who will write your own story. So stop living on autopilot, pick up the pen and start writing your story the way you want it to be.
107. Never be afraid to spread your wings and fly. Even if you have never done it before, allow yourself to take a leap of faith so that you may soar.
108. There is no try, there is only do.
109. Every small climb upward puts you even closer to the peak of the mountain. Remember that every little bit counts.
110. Big dreams and a whole lot of dedication are a very powerful combination to have.
111. You can succeed if you put your heart, mind, and soul into it.
112. Just because your path is different from the one others have taken, it does not mean that you are lost. It just means that you are forging your own way.
113. You are not stuck and you do not have a fate that has already been decided for you. So break out of that path if you need to, and make your own destiny.
114. One kind word can completely change someone else’s day for the better.
115. Believing that you can do it is half the challenge.
116. Sometimes you have to say no to a few good things to make room for a lot of great things.
117. Never be afraid to speak the truth, even when your voice shakes.
118. If you want to see things change, then focus on building the new instead of focusing on fighting what is old.
119. There is no brighter beauty out there than a good heart.
120. When you are feeling hopeless about the future, remember that things can only go up from rock bottom.
121. There is always a light at the end of the tunnel. No matter where you might find yourself right now, there is always a way out and you always have the power to find a way through the storm.
122. Life has a way of mirroring you. It will smile at you if you smile at it.
123. There are times where you will need to forget what is gone. Instead, appreciate what remains and look forward to what is yet to come.
124. If the plan does not work, then change the plan. It does not mean that you have to change the goal.
125. “Trust because you are willing to accept the risk, not because it’s safe or certain.” –Anonymous
126. “Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life–think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. Let the brain, muscles, nerves, every part of your body, be full of that idea, and just leave every other idea alone. This is the way to success.” –Swami Vivekananda
127. “All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.” –Walt Disney
128. “Good things come to people who wait, but better things come to those who go out and get them.” –Anonymous
129. “If you do what you always did, you will get what you always got.” –Anonymous
130. “Success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm.” –Winston Churchill
131. “Just when the caterpillar thought the world was ending, he turned into a butterfly.” –Proverb
132. “Successful entrepreneurs are givers and not takers of positive energy.” –Anonymous
133. “Whenever you see a successful person you only see the public glories, never the private sacrifices to reach them.” –Vaibhav Shah
134. “Opportunities don’t happen, you create them.” –Chris Grosser
135. “Try not to become a person of success, but rather try to become a person of value.” –Albert Einstein
136. “Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.” –Eleanor Roosevelt
137. “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” –Thomas A. Edison
138. “If you don’t value your time, neither will others. Stop giving away your time and talents–start charging for it.” –Kim Garst
139. “A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him.” –David Brinkley
140. “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” –Eleanor Roosevelt
As we read these thoughts, know they are sources of guidance in times of need, they can give us inspiration in times of struggle, they can motivate us in times of tribulations–success is not final and failure is not forever: